Thursday, July 16, 2009

Finally Finished the Himalaya Project!

So I finally finished that "Himalayan Mix Tape," I was going on about. I started with over 50 songs (including a lot of your suggestions, dear readers) and pared it down to a one-hour, compilation CD that I think will shout CARNIVAL! at you louder than a midway barker. Here's the run-down:
1) Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions
2) Back in Black - AC/DC
3) Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
4) Paradise City - Guns 'N' Roses
5) Tom Sawyer - Rush
6) Don't Bring Me Down - E.L.O.
7) Centerfold - J. Geils Band
8) Everybody Wants You - Billy Squier
9) Take a Chance on Me - ABBA
10) Mirror of Illusion - Hawkwind
11) Dirty White Boy - Foreigner
12) Fox on the Ron - Sweet
13) Godzilla - Blue Öyster Cult

I'm going to give it a listen tomorrow on my way to work, but I think we have a winner. If you'd like your own copy just shoot me your snail-mail and I'll send one out as soon as I get around to it. (Sorry, hard copies only, I'm just not up for fighting with my FTP client this week.)

Thanks again to everyone who suggested songs. It's gratifying to know that there's a couple of people actually reading this stuff.

(photo courtesy of Gush Party, USA)

No comments: